Perform preventative and routine maintenance and repairs of Pleasant View’s automotive and mechanical equipment, assist with general greenhouse maintenance and repair. Working with Facilities Manager to consistently explore cost saving measures and meeting expectations of the position. Maintain excellent attendance, positive attitude and continually strive to expand work skills and expertise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Diagnose, troubleshoot and perform the maintenance and repair work on the Company’s automotive: tractors, forklifts and small motors includes golf carts, landscaping tools and equipment, shop maintenance tools.
- Tune up, brake repair, hydraulics repair, clutch jobs, split equipment, oil and fluid changes, grease, tire repair etc.
- Body repair of trucks, vans, golf carts, tractors etc. (use of body filler, fiberglass, paint etc.)
- Maintain tracking of auto maintenance and repair schedule
- Inventory management of maintenance parts
- Assist with general greenhouse maintenance and repair
- Daily cleanup of tools and job site
- Snow removal, grounds maintenance and field preparation
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work area
- Operates all company equipment in a safe and appropriate manner following PVG safety policy and procedures
- Work in other departments as seasonal demands dictate, including making deliveries if the need dictates
- Support the needs of other company ventures
- Required to be on a rotating schedule (off hours and/or weekends) to respond to events, emergencies and incidents
- Other duties as assigned
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Welding ability utilizing MIG or Arc
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Ability to be certified on heavy equipment including forklifts, tractors, loaders and scissor lifts
- PVG provides basic tools and equipment; this position will be expected to have and use their own personal tools
Education, Certification and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of High School Diploma (or equivalent) and 3-5 years of related experience
- Specialized training in farming and heavy equipment and auto repair
- Continuous Improvement ● Honest/Ethical/Integrity
- Innovative ● Quality Focused
This position requires manual labor for extended periods of time, walking occasionally and the ability to bend and lift 50+ pounds when necessary.
Manufacturing/greenhouse environment where there may be a high noise level and unpredictable weather conditions.