EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The Database Production and Product Assembly (DPPA) team Technical Project Lead will oversee strategic initiatives with a key focus on enhancing DPPA’s tools and processes and implementing improvements to increase velocity, reduce production overhead and increase product quality. This role is a combination of project leadership/management, business process design, requirements analysis, and strong customer focus.
The Technical Project Lead will possess strong leadership, analytical, technical, process-oriented and communication skills. They will work with cross-functional teams to assess findings and develop improvement recommendations and contribute to the development of action plans and executes against them. They will apply continuous improvement tools and methodologies to realize process improvements and efficiencies.
This role will drive continuous improvement initiatives across Content Management functional divisions and leads by exhibiting a bias for action, exerting personal influence, and applying technical know-how and systems thinking. This senior role will have significant influence on DPPA’s direction, systems, and workflow. It requires the ability to master many competing factors (some fuzzy) to form correct judgments and recommendations that balance current and anticipated business and technology needs
- Accountability and Persistence: Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely and cost effective results.
- Analytical skills: Able to draw insightful conclusions from complex data. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Business Analysis: evaluates many competing factors to form sound judgments and recommendations that balance current and anticipated business and technology needs.
- Communication & Presentation: Able to effectively communicate and present technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals.
- Continuous Improvement: Continually focused on improving the responsiveness and quality of the solutions delivered
- Honesty/Integrity: Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Always behaves in a manner of the highest ethical standards.
- Project Leadership: Able to own and manage the design, build, selection, implementation and release of tools and services for production systems.
- Results Driven: Focuses on desired results. Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience demonstrable success in leading projects for process improvement: creating new business processes, or significantly enhancing existing processes. Entirely leading projects through to successful completion.
- 5+ years leveraging an analytic approach to database problem solving: including but not limited to data mining, interpretation, and communication of results.
- 5+ years experience in a lead or senior technical role involving collaboration across multiple teams in the creation and implementation of technical solutions to improve operational efficiency.
- 5+ years experience with SQL, Java, C Sharp.
The Technical Project Lead is expected to balance technical skills with a broad-based approach to leadership and possess the following characteristics:
* Exceptional technical and analytic skills.
* Lean systems or other continuous improvement thinking
* Intuitive, while using facts to make decisions
* Innovative and willing to try new technologies (in test before release)
* Visionary, while also being practical
* A steadfast commitment to achieving breakthrough targets
* Build relationships that foster trust, collaboration and teamwork
Strong technical aptitude and interest in staying abreast of current and future trends in applicable technical areas
Experience with several of the following technologies: Controlled vocabularies, digitization/scanning, OCR and PDF creation and delivery systems, large scale content management, Web services, object oriented programming, relational database design and capability (Oracle preferred), SQL, ETL, UML, Java, C#, XML technologies
Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical professionals.
Excellent team-working skills and proven ability to lead project teams
Experience with Agile project management and development methodologies
- Positive Attitude
- Good Judgement
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand
- Team Player
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
Database, Developer, Oracle, SQL, Java, Technology Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)