40 hours a week- 7AM to 3:30PM
• Sets up and operates injection-molding machines to cast products from thermoplastic materials: Installs dies on machine, according to work order specifications, using clamps, bolts, and hand tools.
• Sets machine controls, regulating molding temperature, volume of plastic, molding pressure and time, according to knowledge of plastics and molding procedures.
• Dumps premixed plastic powders or pellets into hopper, and starts machine.
• Pulls lever to close dies and inject plastic into dies to cast part.
• Removes finished product from dies, using hand tools.
• Trims excess material from part, using knife.
• May mix thermoplastic materials and coloring pigments in mixing machine, according to formula.
• May grind scrap plastic into powder for reuse.
Micro Tech Staffing Group is one of the top technical staffing firms in New England, and along the Eastern Seaboard. Since 1985 we have taken great pride in providing quality staffing services to businesses in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing, Life Sciences, and Finance & Administration. With offices in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Maine, Virginia, North Carolina and Georgia Micro Tech places an average of 2,000 highly-skilled employees daily.
Location/Region: Lowell, MA (US)