EBSCO Health Option Grid™ decision aids are brief, easy-to-read tools to help patients and healthcare professionals compare options. Brief enough to use in the clinic visit, the decision aids provide evidence-based answers to questions that patients frequently ask. The decision aids help patients share what matters most to them, enhancing communication and shared decision making. Option Grid decision aids are interactive and customizable. They enable a tailored presentation of the healthcare options most relevant to the patient.
Associate Managing Editor, Option Grid
The Associate Managing Editor (AME) is part of the highly-skilled Option Grid team of methodological and clinical experts whose mission is to provide the most useful, evidence-based information to health care professionals and patients at the point of care. The AME continuously drives the adoption, application, and evolution of the principles of evidence-based medicine through leadership, management and mentorship of an editorial team. In conjunction with senior leadership, he/she is responsible for core editorial functions, team capacity, and priorities in order to meet both quality and productivity standards. He/she will be a vital participant in achieving the mission, which is accomplished through critical analysis of published research and application of clinical knowledge to a rapidly growing suite of shared decision making tools.
- Manage editorial team and specific workflows/projects
- Identify research that may change clinical management decisions and synthesize the best available evidence in clinical reference topics
- Edit content produced by editorial team and ensure quality of critical appraisal and incorporation into shared decision making tools
- Edit a high volume of content within standardized templates and styles
- Perform ongoing performance appraisals including informal feedback and formal written reviews
- Provide ongoing feedback and instruction to team members, including participation in formal training
- Communicate project status to Program Manager in meetings
- Assist with interviewing and hiring of new editorial team members
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Advanced degree preferred)
- 2 years of experience applying and communicating epidemiology and biostatistics concepts to the public
- 5 years of writing experience related to medical or scientific content (or 3 years writing experience plus advanced degree)
- 2 years of editing experience related to medical or scientific content
- 6 months of experience providing constructive feedback on editorial production
- 2 years of experience with MS Office Suite including Word (with use of track changes) and Excel
- Demonstrated personnel or project management experience
- Ability to exercise judgment to make decisions and produce content requiring minimal changes
- Experience in a multi- or inter-disciplinary environment
- Ability to self-manage multiple tasks and priorities within deadlines, and report on work produced
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, such as initiative, strong work ethic
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills such that feedback is effectively and constructively given
- Knowledge of advanced PubMed searching strategies
- Motivated self-learner with focus on team success
- Writing sample available on request
- Proficiency with specific DynaMed processes may serve in lieu of minimum required qualifications.
EBSCO Health is part of EBSCO Information Services (EIS), a division of EBSCO Industries Inc. EIS provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
Project Manager, Technology Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)