EBSCO Health Option Grid™ decision aids are brief, easy-to-read tools to help patients and healthcare professionals compare options. Brief enough to use in the clinic visit, the decision aids provide evidence-based answers to questions that patients frequently ask. The decision aids help patients share what matters most to them, enhancing communication and shared decision making. Option Grid decision aids are interactive and customizable. They enable a tailored presentation of the healthcare options most relevant to the patient.
We are seeking a Medical Evidence Analyst to join the EBSCO Health Option Grid team!
EBSCO Health Option Grid decision aids are evidence-based tools designed to improve shared decision making between patients and health care professionals in the clinical encounter. The Medical Evidence Analyst will develop high-quality content applying the principles of evidence-based medicine and shared decision making. He/she will identify, critically appraise, and synthesize research that may change clinical management decisions. The Medical Evidence Analyst will also summarize evidence using patient-friendly language and incorporate the content into Option Grid decision aids.
- Identify research that may change clinical management decisions and synthesize the best available evidence in clinical reference topics
- Evaluate, critically appraise and concisely summarize published research for incorporation into shared decision making tools
- Incorporate feedback from multiple stakeholders and actively iterate with other members of the editorial team
- Convert highly clinical language to patient-friendly language
- Edit a high volume of content within standardized templates and styles
- Provide ongoing feedback and instruction to team members, including participation in formal training
- Communicate project status to Program Manager in meetings
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Advanced degree preferred)
- 5 years of writing experience related to medical or scientific content (or 3 years writing experience plus advanced degree in related field)
- 2 years of experience:
- Applying and communicating epidemiology and biostatistics concepts to the public
- Editing experience related to medical or scientific content
- Using MS Office Suite including Word (with use of track changes) and Excel
- Understanding of health literacy concepts
- Ability to exercise judgment to make decisions and produce content requiring minimal changes
- Ability to self-manage multiple tasks and priorities within deadlines, and report on work produced
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, such as initiative and strong work ethic
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills such that feedback is effectively and constructively given
- Demonstrated ability to manage discrete projects or teams
EBSCO Health is part of EBSCO Information Services (EIS), a division of EBSCO Industries Inc. EIS provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)