Johnson Compounding and Wellness is seeking a Certified Pharmacy Technician to join a skilled team of healthcare professionals to ensure patients have access to customized medications. This person needs to be detail oriented and able to work indepentently in a fast paced environment.
Status: Full time
Shift Hours: Variable; 8-10 hours per day, 4-5 days per week. (Including 1-2 Saturdays per month)
Hours of Operation: 8AM – 7PM Monday –Friday, Saturday 9-5
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package
Summary of Essential Job Functions
· Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills including but not limited to; inter- and intradepartmental communication and patient communication
· Answer telephone and respond to patient questions and/ or requests with sincerity and enthusiasm
· Appropriately triage clinical patient and prescriber telephone calls
· Enthusiastically support Johnson Compounding and Wellness team effort by performing other duties as indicated by the pharmacist in charge including support of other departments.
· Cooperates fully with other personnel in conducting business in an effective and efficient manner.
· Maintain a clean, orderly and sanitary work space
· Attend all applicable staff meetings, performance reviews, and trainings as required
· Adhere to HIPAA and HITECH Regulations to ensure patient confidentiality
· Adhere to Federal and State regulations, and United States Pharmacopeia (USP) standards
· Adhere to all applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
· High School Diploma or GED
· Certified Pharmacy Technician
· Punctuality and reliability are a must
· Ability to use hands and fingers and perform repetitive motions for a sustained period of time
Language and Reasoning Abilities
· Ability to read, interpret, and adhere to documents including but not limited to; Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Compounding Records, operating and maintenance instructions, and other procedure manuals. Ability to use common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
We are Massachusetts’ first and only sterile and non-sterile compounding pharmacy accredited by the Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board.
We also feature a full range of nutritional supplements, natural products and homeopathic remedies, and have a naturopathic doctor on staff to consult with you about alternative approaches to your health care.