EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The mission of the Saas Implementation Project Manager is to successfully coordinate the set-up of Software as a Service product(s) for EBSCO customers. These projects will vary in scope and subject matter, ranging from single component/customer set-ups to large scale multi-component/consortium implementations. This is a highly visible role in the organization requiring a combination of project management, technical, interpersonal, and leadership skills to be successful.
- Manage day to day operations for different projects including collection and delivery of project specific data, customer facing communications and status reports.
- Create, manage, and track project schedules, including tracking dependencies, deadlines, and other information that may impact delivery and/or quality of project.
- Organize workflows, assign duties and tasks as required by the customer’s project schedule
- Create, revise, and adjust project plans as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Communicate project objectives, status, expectations to project team and management.
- Manage relationships with 3rd party partners to deliver projects on time
- Provide technical support to customers and partners diagnosing, troubleshooting and debugging issues.
- Prepare presentations, project documentation and reports.
- Motivate cross-functional and cross-organizational project teams to work together in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Identify areas for improvement in internal processes within the department and cross-organizationally along with possible solutions.
- Accountability and Persistence: Holds self and other accountable for measurable high-quality, timely and cost effective results. Expects personal and team performance to be the best. Determines objectives, sets priorities, and delegates work. Accepts responsibility for mistakes. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Attention to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Collaboration: Works effectively with team members and cross functional teams to accomplish individual, team and organization goals.
- Communication and Presentation: Able to effectively communicate and present technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals.
- Customer-first mentality: Makes customers and their needs a primary focus. Develops and sustains productive customer relationships
- Enthusiasm: Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change
- Multi-Tasking: Thrives in fast paced environment that works on multiple projects and priorities.
- Proactivity: Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Problem Solver: Applies critical thinking and structured problem solving to address root causes.
- Problem Solving: Proactively identifies and mitigates issues before they arise.
- Project Leadership: Able to own and manage the design, build, selection, implementation and release of tools and services for infrastructure and complex customer facing applications (web based and mobile).
- Teamwork: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Technical prowess: Able to quickly get to know our products to a sufficient level and drive updates as needed with Technology teams. Adopts or works with necessary tools for operations.
- Work ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- At least 2-4 years of directly relevant experience in project management in a fast-paced software/technical environment
- 2+ years’ experience communicating with a wide variety of audiences ranging in skill set (highly technical to non-technical) and experience (individual contributors to executive management), cross-organizationally and with external partners.
- 2+ years’ experience creating and delivering presentations as well project plans, reports, and other project documents.
- 3+ years collaborating in a team environment and examples of the ability to build strong working relationships with both internal and external partners while maintaining Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Degree Required: Bachelors’ Degree at a minimum
- Experience in the library industry is not required, but interest and solid understanding of library technology and practices is helpful.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills combined with impeccable business judgment.
- PMP Certified
- Must be resourceful and seek solutions through research, information gathering, stakeholder discussions, and exercise sound business judgment.
- Ability to communicate on phone 50% of the day
- Ability to operate a personal computer 7+ hours a day
- Understand complex problems and collaborate to explore alternative solutions.
- Organize and prioritize the work schedules of others to manage multiple tasks and/or projects.
- Make decisions that have an impact on the immediate work unit’s operations and/or services.
- Ability to compute, analyze, and interpret numerical data.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
Implementation Manager, Project Manager, Manager, Technical Support, Technology, Management Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)