The Export Specialist is responsible for processing shipments and all related activities for an assigned base of accounts. The individual will have contact with clients, carriers and potential clients on a daily basis. He/she must be proactive in providing quality client service and have the ability to handle pressure and responsibility in a fast pace environment, in a timely and affective manner. The successful candidate must have good client service skill and handle dual task. Being proactive in providing quality client service is a must.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare documentation, dock receipts, bills of lading, export declarations.
- File SED’s (Shippers Export Declarations)
- Track and trace cargo as necessary to insure proper movement and delivery.
- Provide accounting department with proper and correct billing information.
- Communicate with clients regarding disposition of Freight (i.e. tracking & tracing, routing & dispatching, and rate quotations).
- Communicate with vendors/suppliers regarding shipment dispatch, routing, pricing, and rates.
- Communicate & correspond with other Company branches and agents for client satisfaction, and ensure excellent service execution.
- Seek the most profitable mode of shipment, yet meet client’s requirement for the movement of freight.