- Manage, support, install, upgrade, and configure applications, software/packages on the HPC clusters, stand-alone Linux servers and Linux workstations
- Manage, support, compile and maintain Docker container in kubenetes /cloud platform
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to applications, packages and software, Linux OS, scheduler (UGE) and SGE/batch scripts
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to applications, packages and software hosted on AWS cloud/kubernetes/Docker platform.
- Manage the NIS and OpenLDAP servers including creating user accounts and access permissions
- Manage, configure and troubleshoot the Bright Cluster Manager and DNS servers including provisioning the OS to servers and workstations
- Submit helpdesk ticket for any requests or issues related to hardware failure, network or Isilon storage and work with the team to resolve them
- Support and troubleshot issues with NFS mounting, and work with the storage team for storage space allocation and permissions
- Support ongoing cloud projects, such as package docker container, scientific application cloud performance benchmark testing, setup batch script parameters, shell scripts, R, and python script tuning and conduct training session
- Be able to deliver a clear and thorough solution to users, and explain technical resolutions to users in a detailed and clear manner.
- Log all tickets/requests/inquiries into the ticket tracking system and ensure the incident is resolved in a timely manner
- Be able to document the work in a detailed manner, able to manage the communication with support team and project team.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be at least 5 years working experience in the High Performance Computing cluster , and cloud computing in pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Expert in Linux Operation Systems such as CentOS, Red Hat and Ubuntu
- Expert in cloud computing, such as AWS and google cloud
- Experiences in kubenetes/Docker platform
- Experiences in cloud security and VPC set up
- Expert in installing, configuration and troubleshooting the Bright Computing Manager, NIS, Univa Grid Engine (UGE), OpenLDAP, DNS, NFS and SMB/CIFS
- Experience in writing SGE scripts and batch scripts and troubleshooting issues with job scheduler
- Experiences in supporting scientific applications, such as NGS, Rosetta, NonMEM, R, Matlab, and others
- Experience working in managed service environment and biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience working and communicating with computational scientists and understand their requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and organizational skills, and the ability to build strong working relationships with technical and non-technical teams alike at all levels including senior management
BS/or MS degree in a computer or informatics discipline, relevant certification, or substantial relevant work experience supporting computational scientists is highly recommended.
MaxisIT is a growing and recognized organization specialized in Clinical Software services and FSP (Clinical Functional Service Provider).
Location/Region: Waltham, MA (US)