Supports Shrinkage and Safety Awareness programs: Aids Store Management to communicate current shrinkage and safety topics.
Conducting surveillance: Observes customer’s and contractor’s (CCTV/floor) activities to detect theft, fraud or suspicious activity, collects investigative intelligence related to ORC activity and fraud, takes direction from AP management to monitor team member activity as needed, reports infractions of company policy to AP and/or store management.
Detaining and Interviewing suspects: Conducts interviews in accordance with local laws and Company policy on customers and contractors suspected of theft, reports suspected fraud to AP management or Market Investigations as needed.
Maintaining records: Creates and manages records using approved Company methods, proper retention of evidence and disposition of recovered merchandise.
Participating in Court Hearings: Attends hearings, updates appropriated files and maintains relationships with local law enforcement.
Supports Safety programs: Identifies and address potential hazards to customers and associates, takes initiative to correct minor hazards, conducts incident investigations and completes associated reports.
Supports Internal investigations: Takes direction from AP management to collect evidence regarding internal investigations, acts as an interview witness as needed
Perform responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures in order to drive sales and profit. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and have a high school diploma or GED.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- AP knowledge- Learn and stay up to date on Company policy and procedures relating to loss prevention and relevant local legal requirements
- Balanced Temperament – Maintains composure and handle high stress situations in a calm/effective manner. Handles difficult situations with discretion.
- Results: Solve problems and make smart decisions that drive sales, profit or customer service; execute your work efficiently and effectively; inspire strong performance in yourself and others
- Ownership: Provide great customer service; cooperate and build positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; take accountability for your actions and outcomes
- Intensity: Proactively find ways to improve the customer experience; show the confidence and courage to do what’s right; take action with energy and urgency
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company’s mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Job Title: Asset Protection Associate - Pheasant Lane Mall
Location: Nashua, NH, United States - Pheasant Lane Mall 310 Daniel Webster Hwy Ste 103
Job ID: 1069794
J.C. Penney Company Inc.
Location/Region: Nashua, NH