Formed in 1997, Canary Systems is a forward-thinking technology firm located in the beautiful Lake Sunapee region of New Hampshire. We specialize in civil engineering related monitoring and instrumentation applications and operate in several markets including construction, mining, geotechnical, industrial, and public infrastructure. Risk management is a growing market and our unique products and services, and our software in particular, has positioned us as a worldwide leader in these markets. With additional locations in Arizona, Tennessee, California and even Canada and Indonesia, there are many opportunities within the company for learning and personal growth.
We have an open position for an Electronic Technician in our New London, NH location. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, capable of working with limited supervision, strong communication and troubleshooting skills, and a passion for electronics.
The Electronic Technician position is a member of the Canary System’s Support Team and will work closely with Canary client support personnel, engineering, and manufacturing to configure, deliver, and support electronic monitoring solutions for our customers. This position will also be responsible for researching the integration of new electronic monitoring solutions with the Canary System’s software platform and documenting this integration.
This position requires teamwork and the ability to communicate in written and spoken English. We offer a strongly supportive work environment dedicated to the success of our employees. Please contact us if you want to be part of a dynamic team working with a fantastic product that will enhance both your skills and your career.
- Work closely with client support personnel to resolve technical instrumentation issues
- Proficient in Campbell Scientific CRBasic programming
- Proficient in MLBasic (Canary Systems proprietary programming language for new MLBase/MLRemote hardware)
- Integration of new monitoring instrumentation with Canary Systems MLSuite software. Includes researching device capabilities, determining technical requirements and documenting methodologies
- Hardware and software testing
- Support of Canary Systems MLSuite application
- Travel to client sites to support deployed instrumentation solutions
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude and common sense
- Understanding of serial communication protocols
- Wi-Fi networking experience
- TCP and UDP networking protocols
- Binary/Hexadecimal math
- Campbell Scientific CR Basic programming
- Microsoft Office applications
Person Best Suited to Position:
- Able to work independently & as team player
- Highly organized
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communicator (both verbal and written)
- Able to travel as required
What We Offer:
- Work in a highly motivated team of professionals
- Career and growth opportunity
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Work in a beautiful area of the country with many recreational opportunities
Salary commensurate with education and experience. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit letter of interest and one page resume. No phone calls please.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
Location/Region: New London, NH (03257)