Canary Systems, Inc. is headquartered in the beautiful Lake Sunapee region of NH, with offices in TN, CO and AZ. We are a market-leader in the development and sales of hardware and software technology solutions for geotechnical and geomechanical risk management. Projects include monitoring of above and below ground mines, earth and concrete dams, bridges, tunnels and buildings. We operate in several markets including construction, mining, geotechnical, and industrial and public infrastructure.
We are looking for a full-time Hardware Engineering Group Manager to be based out of our New London, NH office.This involves managing our local and remote staff and providing general management of our electronic hardware development initiatives.
Ideally the candidate would work from our New London, NH office, however considering that our working environment has changed recently we’ll consider candidates in the New England area who are primarily able to work remotely, with regular office visits, or provide relocation assistance as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage engineering team to transition new product designs from development to prototype to production
- Engineer solutions for integration of instrumentation, data acquisition platforms, and communications systems
- Create schematics, drawings and wiring diagrams, and perform drafting functions using CAD and schematic capture software
- Maintain engineering documentation such as product specifications, assembly and test procedures and BOMs
- Audit engineering data and related documents to ensure accuracy
- Assist technical writers and marketing in the production of hardware product documentation
- Intimate knowledge of electronics and electrical circuitry and design.
- Analog systems engineering including power supplies, amplifiers and signal conditioning.
- Embedded systems engineering including circuit design, firmware development and OS engineering.
- Experience with CAD software (DraftSite, Altium, or equivalents) in a engineering and manufacturing environment
- Experience with multiple types of test equipment including DVM’s, oscilloscopes, frequency generators, frequency counters, sprectrum analyzers, among others.
- Strong PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Windows® and Office®
- Electrical/electronics engineering education
- Low-power embedded system technologies
- Instrumentation and signal conditioning technologies
- Communication technologies including Wi-Fi, spread spectrum radios, 4G/LTE/5G modems
Our ideal candidate is:
- Able to work independently
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent communicator
What we offer
- Work in a highly motivated team of professionals
- A unique work experience across a multitude of markets and disciplines
- Work in a prime New England location
- Career and growth opportunity
- Competitive salary and benefits
Some travel may be required. Salary commensurate with education and experience. We are an equal opportunity employer. This is an immediate opening for a full-time salaried position.
Location/Region: New London, NH (03257)