Under the supervision of the Dean of the School of Nursing and Health Sciences & Director of Clinical Partnerships, as well as the Director of the Teaching Enrichment Center, is responsible for coordinating and carrying out a variety of key administrative functions. Duties include project management and independent decision making, while facilitating effective and positive working relationships between the school and all other college constituencies.
Essential Job Functions:
Provide support for the School of Nursing & Health Sciences:
- Act as an intermediary for the Dean. Communicate administrative decisions, policies, and instructions based on authority delegated by management. Represent the department in a professional manner.
- Coordinate meetings, appointments, and travel for the Dean of the school.
- Plan, coordinate, and carry out operational activities related to the school’s primary function.
- Serve as liaison between programs and its constituencies, as well as school’s delegate when requested.
- Communicate with students, faculty, staff, community members, organizations, parents, trustees, alumni, vendors, and other key internal and external program constituencies.
- Present information on school’s programs.
- Explain, interpret and enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Confer regularly with Dean, leadership and faculty, school/college personnel, and relevant outside organizations/individuals to plan, coordinate, and evaluate programs, projects, activities, and policies, and to exchange information and resolve problems.
- Participate in key program planning activities related to assigned activities and functions with a focus on compiling background information and data needed for planning purposes; drafting procedures, schedules, and forms; coordinating the implementation of new program plans or operating procedures/schedules.
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with other departments, colleges, and college constituencies.
- Assist Dean, School Leadership and faculty with office management, budget tracking, project management, advisement, and assessment of all other school needs.
- Assist all faculty of the School of Nursing & Health Sciences with special projects and other duties as needed.
- Coordinate logistics of all department events and meetings including travel and lodging arrangements, agendas, information packets, parking, amenities etc.
- Assist in designing, implementing and maintaining program filing and record-keeping systems, including computer applications.
- Provide support for the School of Nursing and Health Sciences leadership and faculty via preparation of signature-ready letters, contracts and miscellaneous documents.
- Responsible for entering budget requests, monitoring expenditures, reconciling budget accounts, sourcing, submitting purchase orders, and placing supply orders.
- Review catalogs and communicate with vendors to order Nursing Lab supplies and equipment. Obtain bids and price quotes from vendors, monitor inventory of supplies.
- Record and maintain agendas and minutes from all department and faculty meetings and distribute them accordingly.
- Compose responses to general inquiries. Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of organizational and departmental policies and procedures. Triage what can be handled independently, redirect as appropriate, and forward all necessary background materials when engaging others for direction.
- Prepare and maintain data sources and documentation required for accreditation by outside agencies.
- Communicate with new faculty hires and potential new faculty hires regarding required documentation for employment:
- Assist with the completion of their State of New Hampshire Board of Nursing Application.
- Gather all documentation required, obtain appropriate signatures/approval for the application.
- File the application with the State of New Hampshire Board of Nursing.
- Follow up as needed.
- Monitor the Board of Nursing site for faculty Approvals due to expire and act accordingly.
- Collect updated faculty CV’s yearly.
- Prepare course and faculty evaluation surveys to be completed by students each semester.
- Maintain the following: confidential student and faculty files, current email list of enrolled Nursing students, demographic information for post-graduation follow-up, and ensure that all required documentation is received and accurately filed.
- Coordinate nursing entrance exam ATI testing locations: prepare testing room for exam proctoring, and schedule computer lab space.
- Perform other specialized/technical tasks related to assigned activities/functions.
- Troubleshoot student and faculty issues and/or concerns.
Student Support Services:
- Give guidance and assistance to students on a regularly scheduled basis as appropriate.
- Maintain open door policy with students to keep lines of communication open.
- Support orientations and other department student activities.
- Assist in the process that ensures students are cleared to participate in program and/or clinical activities:
- Collect immunization records for all students in the program.
- Collect, and monitor expiration dates for, CPR certifications.
- Ensure that students are in compliance with their TB tests and Flu shots.
- Assist students in completing national, and local, background checks.
- Assist students in getting set up for drug testing at the appropriate time.
- Monitor NH Department of Labor website for approved sites for internship students.
- Complete and file NH DOL Pre-Screening Forms for all sites not yet approved, or approvals due to expire.
- Coordinate meetings with the Dean and DH Partners.
- Assist with tracking of student enrollment in new programs.
- Create internal infrastructure & systems to support the growth of new undergrad & grad programs.
- Assist Dean with preparing documents for Advisory Meetings.
Teaching Enrichment Center:
Serve as program coordinator of the Teaching Enrichment Center:
- Maintaining the budget, including credit card management.
- Aiding Director and faculty with any and all scheduling requirements, catering orders, travel needs, and other related expenses with regard to:
- New faculty orientation
- Teaching Salon
- Reading Circles
- Manage contract creation and execution for outside speakers, presenters and guests.
- Building and administering event surveys and student advising surveys.
- Ordering various supplies, resources and equipment.
- Editing and arranging for distribution of regularly-scheduled newsletters
About this company
Colby-Sawyer is a dynamic and innovative liberal arts and sciences college located in the scenic Lake Sunapee Region of central New Hampshire. CSC blends the elements of a student's college life--academic, co-curricular, social and athletic--into a cohesive educational experience.
Location/Region: New London