Portsmouth Regional Hospital is seeking an Infectious Disease physician to fill the need for a Medical Director of their program and lead the antibacterial stewardship program. This is an opportunity to join a collaborative team for Portsmouth Regional Hospital in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
About the Opportunity:
- Inpatient and outpatient infectious disease consults
- Medical Directorship offered
- Lead the antibacterial stewardship rogram.
- Telehealth ID services
- Weekday call: No weekend call
- Completion of an accredited fellowship program and ability to obtain board certification
- Licensed to practice in New Hampshire or ability to obtain
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, physicians and administration
- Competitive compensation with occurrence-based malpractice with tail coverage
- Comprehensive benefits package including commencement bonus; CME monies and time
- Faculty appointment to Tufts University School of Medicine is available
About Portsmouth Regional Hospital:
- 220-bed acute care facility with a Level II trauma center
- 24/7 dedicated hospitalist program and intensivist program
- 24/7 full-service ER and 2 free-standing ERs
- Home to PRH Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Psychiatry Residency Programs. Academic affiliation is with Tufts University School of Medicine.
- 30-bed inpatient psychiatric unit including 16 involuntary beds
Portsmouth, NH, a seacoast city, sits near the mouth of the Piscataqua River, which divides the states of New Hampshire and Maine. It is at the core of a metropolitan region that includes several small cities and towns. Portsmouth is rich in history, abundant with cultural activities, with easy access to a host of outdoor activities and major cities. The area includes top-notch educational institutions-both public and private, along with no sales tax or state income tax. Located only an hour north of Boston.
Location/Region: Portsmouth, NH (03801)