Provide incidental activities of daily living to clients in the home setting as permitted by the policies and procedures of Interim HealthCare and any other federal, state or local law and regulations.Essential Functions:
* Performs and assists clients with incidental activities of daily living such as, homemaking, shopping, supporting a clean and safe physical environment and preparation of meals, reinforcing adequate fluid and nutritional intake.
* Utilizes infection control measures such as standard precautions, hand washing, and personal protective equipment.
* Recognizes, documents and reports changes in client environment and safety to supervisor.
* Organizes self to carry out visits/shifts and organizes tasks.
* Attends mandatory Interim HealthCare in-services and provides requested documents to keep employee file current.
* Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
* May have access to personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
The Interim HealthCare Homemaker may not:
* Perform any personal care or skilled nursing procedure, which is prohibited by the State Nurse Practice Act.
* Reconcile bank statements, endorse checks, or use any form of the client’s credit (e.g.
credit or debit cards, ATM). Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
* Age of majority in the state.
* Any training required by state law or regulation or
* Twelve (12) months of accumulated experience in a similar job classification or similar life experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
* Successful completion of appropriate knowledge (competency) assessment.
* Proof of valid auto liability insurance and valid driver’s license as required by the organization’s insurance carrier if assignment(s) include driving a vehicle, preferred.
* Able to hear, speak and write and read in English in a manner understood by most people.
* Able to read ten (10) point or larger type.
* Able to effectively handle multiple tasks or functions.
* Meets applicable state and federal health screening requirements.
* Pass federal and state required criminal and abuse background checks where required.
* Verification of employment eligibility (I-9) in accordance with local, state, and federal law and regulations.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Able to constantly travel locally from assignment to assignment.
* Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach freely.
* Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of palm, i.e.
manipulate pen, knobs or objects. * Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, blood borne pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials.
* Able to frequently lift and carry up to 50 pounds in order to carry out daily job functions and related activities that may be required.
Location/Region: Lexington, MA (02420)