Winstanley Enterprises’ mission is to provide superior real estate returns for our investors, high-quality yet cost-effective real estate options for our tenants, a high-integrity work environment for our employees, and positive contributions to the communities in which we invest.JOB SUMMARY
The Lease Administrator will join an accounting group of 9 professionals, reporting directly to the Controller. Company is conveniently located in Concord, Mass. The Lease Administrator will be responsible for all phases of the lease files, including reviewing and monitoring leases prior to execution and throughout the lease term, monitoring critical lease duties, sending Tenant Welcome packages and initiating appropriate action in the event of tenant defaults. This includes maintaining electronic files as well as abstracts in Yardi; performs monthly review lease tickler/compliance file, work with the Asset Manager and Property Management to ensure lease compliance and manages security deposits/letters of credit (LOC). The Lease Administrator will manage the commission payment process and assist in estoppel/SNDA generation for property sales or debt financing.
- Abstract all new leases entering information into Yardi accounting system. Enter and manage all lease notes, maintaining critical dates and tickler files. Follow up as required to ensure asset and property management are aware of any approaching option dates and required action.
- Prepare a Construction Abstract for Winstanley Construction Management for leases that require Tenant Improvements.
- Review and prepare for execution and distribution, leases and exhibits to proper parties.
- Create and maintain system of tracking expiration dates of leases. Tracking of all changes or adjustments necessary to lease documents received. (Amendments, Addendums etc.)
- Coordinate and moderate Lease Abstract meetings with Accounting and Property Management prior to lease commencement.
- Manage the commission calculation and payment process. Calculate all commissions in accordance with the listing agreement or commission agreement. Process all invoices for payment upon obtaining the approval from CFO.
- Review annual rental increases and communicate or send notices that need to be sent to tenants.
- Collect Tenant Sales reports on monthly or annual basis as required by Lease and calculate any percentage rent due in accordance with terms of the lease.
- Process tenant move-out in Yardi and coordinate with Portfolio Accountant and Cash Management disposition of any security deposit on hand.
- Coordinate monthly billing process with Asset Managers and Property Management
- Participate in the due diligence process in reviewing lease documents for acquisitions and provide lease related documents to Winstanley sale team for dispositions.
- Ensure certificates of insurance are current, commencement exhibits are executed, security deposit/LOC and operating expense information is correctly entered in Yardi.
- Minimum 3-5 years commercial lease administration experience reading and interpreting real estate leases, including all related lease documents
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Detail oriented, analytical and computer literate with proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Organized with ability to multi-task while keeping track of priorities and maintaining big-picture focus
- A proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Superior communications skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with Yardi software programs preferred
Location/Region: Lawrence, MA (01843)