HARDWARE LEAD ARCHITECT
This position is remote with occasional travel to NY office approximately twice per month.
At Barnes & Noble, the recruitment of top talent is at the top of our leaders’ agenda. They are currently looking for skilled, superior candidates to supplement their Nook and mobile app development team.JOB SUMMARY
As the Hardware Lead Architect for Nook, you will define the hardware technology evolution for our Nook branded devices and work closely with contract manufacturers to bring these devices to market. You are well versed in both electrical and mechanical design principles for consumer electronics devices. You have successfully led the development of state-of-the-art consumer devices that have resulted in sales of 1M+ in the USA market. You are very proficient in high volume manufacturing and have worked closely with offshore contract manufacturers to deliver high reliability and high yield products. You can provide specific guidance to manufacturers on a range of topics including PCB electrical and mechanical design, housing design, component selection and manufacturing processes.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Defines and maintain the product reliability plan for Nook devices.
- Communicates Nook reliability and quality requirements to contract manufacturers.
- Oversees/reviews electrical and mechanical designs and provides directions to manufacturing partners.
- Manages component bill of material with contract manufacturer to ensure a robust supply chain.
- Audits manufacturing process for new device builds including component vendors as needed.
- Recruits, selects and develops top talent through training, coaching and developing/challenging work.
- At least 10 years of hardware development experience in the consumer electronics industry.
- Education requirement – BS Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge and understanding of high volume manufacturing of consumer electronics devices.
- Strong organization, time-management, prioritization, multi-tasking, independent-decision making, problem-solving, interpersonal, analytical, etc. skills.
- Works well under deadlines, self-starter, innovative, team-oriented, customer-focused, etc.
- Some travel to Asia (1-2x per year) to audit ramp of new hardware manufacturing
Location/Region: Concord, NH (03301)