CLOUD LEAD ARCHITECT
This position is remote with occasional travel to NY office approximately twice per month. COMPANY
At Barnes & Noble, the recruitment of top talent is at the top of our leaders’ agenda. They are currently looking for skilled, superior candidates to supplement their Nook and mobile app development team.JOB SUMMARY
As the Nook Cloud Lead Architect, you are responsible for the Nook backend that interfaces with the B&N IT and fulfillment systems to deliver digital content to our wide selection of Nook branded LCDs, ereaders and OTT applications. You are very familiar with state-of-the-art cloud architecture and able to create technology roadmap and provide life cycle management for secure cloud services. You are a hands-on leader who’s able to work effectively with cloud providers to develop detail plans to migrate on-premises solution into the cloud. You are also proficient in managing internal and offshore resources in an agile development environment.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with peers to define migration path from on-premises platform to secure cloud solution.
- Provide domain expertise in working closely with Product and Program Management to scope new feature requirements as part of sprint planning.
- Employ architecture best practices to achieve cost effective development, identifying opportunities for reuse.
- Evaluate next generation cloud technologies to identify opportunities for the business.
- Lead and mentor internal and offshore resources to deliver functional code for each sprint.
- Recruits, selects, and develops top talent through training, coaching and developing/challenging work.
- At least 10 years of experience developing consumer facing cloud services.
- Education requirement – BS Computer Science
- Proficient with infrastructure and cloud solutions delivering services to mobile applications.
- Proficient with tools and services in support of cloud orchestration, configuration management, monitoring, log aggregation, …etc.
- Experience migrating from monolithic architecture to microservices architecture highly desired.
- Strong organization, time-management, prioritization, multi-tasking, independent-decision making, problem-solving, interpersonal, analytical, etc. skills.
- Works well under deadlines, self-starter, innovative, team-oriented and customer-focused
- Some off hour work to align with development teams in Asia.
Location/Region: Concord, NH (03301)