SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
This position is remote with occasional travel to NY office approximately twice per month.
At Barnes & Noble, the recruitment of top talent is at the top of our leaders’ agenda. They are currently looking for skilled, superior candidates to supplement their Nook and mobile app development team.JOB SUMMARY
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a key contributor in evolving the 4+ Star rated Nook Android App. You have been a key contributor in deploying applications that’s used by thousands of customers to enjoy digital content. You have a strong desire to deliver exceptional user experience in consuming reading content. You proactively review customer feedback and app analytics to identify and address issues to continuously improve app ratings and customer satisfaction.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and develop android client code for the Nook reading application.
- Domain expert for all things Android in interfacing with broader product organization.
- Partner with product managers, UI designers, developers and quality engineers to simplify user experience while continuously delivering value to customers.
- Scope new feature requirements as part of sprint planning.
- Proactively contribute where needed in the product development process and overall technology stack.
- Review and direct offshore resources to deliver functional code for each sprint.
- At least 5 years of software development experience of consumer facing mobile applications.
- Education requirement – BS Computer Science
- Proficient with software development for mobile applications (Java, Kotlin, 3rd party SDKs, …etc.).
- Extensive experience working in an agile development environment.
- Passion for books in all forms highly desired.
- Strong organization, time-management, prioritization, multi-tasking, problem-solving, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Works well under deadlines, self-starter, innovative, team-oriented and customer-focused
- Some off hour work to align with development teams in Asia.
Location/Region: Concord, NH (03301)