This is a part time role that may require additional hours January - April and fewer hours during the summer monthsLOCATION
MINNESOTA, NORTH DAKOTA, SOUTH DAKOTA COMPANY
FIRST® is the world’s leading youth-serving nonprofit advancing STEM education outcomes and the development of 21st century life skills. For more than 30 years, FIRST has evolved into a global movement by engaging millions of people with a proven game-changer for preparing kids to solve the world’s greatest problems. This legacy and opportunity is as strong and dynamic as ever, as FIRST creates the people who will change the world – today and tomorrow.JOB SUMMARY
Combining the excitement of sport with the rigors of science and technology we are seeking a part-time Regional Director, in the Minnesota, North/South Dakota territory, to support the growth of all FIRST programs in the region/territory! Working locally and from your home office, you will build and maintain a passionate, volunteer driven, self-sustaining group of leaders who focus on engaging schools, encouraging local relationships, and fundraising as we grow FIRST Robotics Competition. As the primary FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) Regional Competition(s) representative and champion, you will develop teams, establish and maintain sponsor relationships, and collaborate with FIRST leaders, volunteers and program staff. In return, we promise a fast-paced, exciting, and rewarding environment where you will be part of a team that cares about each other and thrives on each other’s successes. You’ll feel good about the future of the world after doing hard work with the talented people at FIRST and will have a front row seat to our life changing programs.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage with local businesses, schools, community leaders, and policy makers to increase FIRST mission awareness.
- Collaborate with local FIRST Ecosystem leaders and champions to support strategic direction, sustainability, and FIRST program(s) growth.
- Cultivate new sponsors, champion existing sponsors, and write grant proposals to offset FRC program delivery expenses.
- Develop, lead, recruit, support, and sustain volunteer Regional Planning Committee members ensuring all committees, volunteer staff, and competitions follow FIRST standards and guidelines.
- Facilitate regional communication across FIRST LEGO League, FIRST Tech Challenge partners, and FIRST Senior Mentor(s).
- Own the effort to retain, recruit, and connect with FRC teams to meet target growth numbers and for ongoing support to achieve sustainability.
- Nurture relationships with local chapters of professional organizations, such as ASME, IEEE, SWE, to build alliances and initiate advocacy efforts.
- Monthly reporting and meeting participation as the need arises by Global Field Operations and FIRST Policies.
- BA/BS degree in a related field with minimum 7 years relationship management role experience, with 3 of those years including fundraising
- Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills
- Proven budget management and financial reporting skills
- Ability and willingness for regular travel
- FIRST experience/knowledge strongly preferred
- Previous event management experience a plus
Location/Region: Concord, NH (03301)