Lahey Hospital & Medical Center (LHMC), part of Beth Israel Lahey Health, is seeking a visionary leader for the Division of General Internal Medicine (GIM).
Lahey is one of a few academic multispecialty clinic model institutions in the country
- Institutional commitment to a “Patient-first” priority
- Cutting edge, high quality care, coordinated under one roof, for the benefit of our patients
The Division Chair of GIM is a unique opportunity for an exceptionally qualified individual to design a general internal medicine academic division of the future.
- Newly endowed chair with annual income to support education, patient care, and research
- Build the GIM research portfolio and shape our new Institute for Healthcare Delivery Science
- Expand the educational role of the division
- Model and encourage exceptional clinical care. Develop systems to optimize and adapt patient care to the changing healthcare environment.
- Develop and guide new strategic initiatives
Key Division characteristics:
- 37 physicians, 17 Advanced Practice Providers, 4 PharmD, 20 RNs, and 40 medical assistants
- 110 primary care visits per year plus acute care clinic and pre-operative clinic
- Integral part of the internal medicine residency, with continuity clinics and a General Medicine Inpatient teaching service
- Medically complex patient population
- Active population health management and preventive care initiatives
- Beautiful new facilities adjacent to the medical center, in a building with a radiology suite, phlebotomy station and pharmacy to provide seamless care on site. Psychologists embedded within GIM.
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine
- Eligibility for or current licensure in Massachusetts
- Background consistent with appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor
- Additional business and leadership training is desirable
- At least 10 years of experience as a practicing general internist
- Leadership experience in a collaborative clinical group practice
- Track record in change management, innovation and team building
- Experience working with advanced practice provider colleagues
- Academic recognition at a national level with experience building academic programs
Conveniently located, Burlington, Massachusetts is 17 miles north of Boston and a short drive to the mountains, lakes and seaside of New England as well as cultural opportunities of Boston.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and curriculum vitae to Ellen Haggerty, Physician Recruiter.
Beth Israel Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center Department of Internal Medicine is committed to recruiting and supporting residents, fellows, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds that represent the diversity of our patients and community. The Department is additionally committed to ensuring an environment that is inclusive and imbues a sense of belonging for historically excluded people including racial, ethnic and religious minorities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and people with disabilities.
Location/Region: Burlington, MA (01805)